Monday, September 20, 2010

Bath revisited

During my blogland absence we snuck in a trip to Bath. As we stay in this flat at least three/four weeks a year I have become lax about photos as it is all so familiar, but this time I took some especially for you.

At the moment Bath is full of Lions. First these statuary kind. Most are actually quite naff but this was the prettiest.


And this the one that made us laugh the most. Isn't he delightfully arrogant?


Then there were the human kind of Lions.Although not all humans pictured are Lions a goodly number were. Applause and impressed acknowledgement will be lavished upon any North American reader who can tell me (a) what a Lion is in this context and (b) what this position is called.

When I was a child I liked to sit in the bottom of my wardrobe with my library books. The flat in Bath has two perfectly good sofas but my penchant for squeezing into small spaced to read/write has not diminished!

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

ok, I will try. The Lions are a Britich rugby team and the position they are in, I believe, is a scrum.

Unknown said...

HUGE amounts of praise... well done, oh good answer, you are so clever...
Sorry – did I think too little of American sports knowledge?!

Deborah Boschert said...

I was thinking scrud, but I knew that wasn't quite right.

Deborah Boschert said...

I was thinking scrud, but I knew that wasn't quite right.

June Calender said...

Oh, a lion project in Bath! Love it. There was a cow project in NYC at one time, a whale project here on Cape Cod and I've come upon horses also. I love seeing what different artists do with the same animal form. Thanks for showing me a couple.