Friday, April 11, 2008

Rickaaaaaaaay!

I am always conscious that I have an international readership, so I am not sure whether this post is going to translate - let me know....
I was driving home yesterday when I saw a long thin poster running along the side of a bus. It contained just one word...
Rickaaaaaaaay!
My immediate thought? That's what Lesley and I said when we realised Ricky Tims was coming to Festival of Quilts in August. Wow! Quilting is being advertised on a bus! Maybe he is finally doing one of his super seminars in the UK....
Then as the bus speeded up down Queens Drive I saw at the end, the BBC1 logo.
Ah.
Rickaaaaay as in the Eastenders soap opera way that the returning character Bianca used to yell at her husband Ricky Butcher.


Oh well.
PS. Me, quilts obsessed?! Surely not.
PPS Is Eastenders exported? I haven't watched it for years but isn't interesting how much information you can pick up about a soap without ever seeing it?

3 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Eastenders is exported, but they are so willy nilly with airing it. We get two shows in a row & are exceptionally lucky if they are from the same season. I have seen babies in one episode & toddlers in the next...

Kristin L said...

I used to catch it every now and then when we had cable (on a US base in germany) that got several UK stations. As far as following plots and knowing characters, I'm much better with Fawlty Towers, Ready Steady Cook, and Changing Rooms. That list in itself probably tells a lot about the last time I watched network TV. ;-)

Rosalind said...

Hope you don't mind but I have chosen your blog for an Arte Y Pico award as I enjoy reading your blog. I couldn't find any way of emailing apart from though your comments box.