Monday, January 28, 2008

Some days....

Some days no actual quilting gets done. Today that is due to the Virgin Rail website and how long it can take to buy a ticket... I am going to spare you the story becuase I have wasted enough time. Suffice to say it involves Module overload errors, a web page that tells me they can't sell me a ticket for next week because there is no time for next day delivery and there is no fast collection machine at Runcorn, (there is!) and call centre staff in India who speak fantastic English - far better than my Hindi. Or I assume they do given they got the job - the lady I spoke to had such a heavy accent I could not understand anything. Literally. Not a word.
Other nights - nicer nights, quilting does not get done becuase my husband takes me to Nabis. Nabis is our closest restaurant. Its location is not inspiring - it being in the forecourt of a filling station ( ex Little Chef building you see).
But the inside is all gentlemans club with leather sofas and upmarket Indian coffee tables and its chickpea puris are yum yum good.
As is the lahori rice, nan and sag paneer tikka chicken(not pictured as they say in the food mags) and the chiken tikka with korma sauce...
And they have the cutest elephant ornaments.....

No comments: