Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Stashes

Ever tried to convince your partner that every quilter has a stash the size of yours - in fact probably even bigger - and that you are not sufereing from some compulsive disorder that requires urgent inpatient treatment?

If so go to this link, which I stumbled on today to see photos of people's stashes. Now, all those people, they can't all be ill can they?

(Dennis, I know you are reading this - take note as well how tidy mine is in all those baskets in comparison!)

In fact, that page is a part of the site for the Priority Alzheimer's Quilts which are auctioned on line each month for Alzhiemer's research funds. They are only required to be 9 x 12 inches. I had heard of that project some time ago but was reminded of it reading Kirstin La Flamme's blog - her little quilt realised the most funds this month! (Of course its not a competition but still its validation and we all need that!)

So what say we all have a go and make a little quilt for this charity? If you do join in leave a comment here with a post to your blog where you show your quilt in the future so we can track them all.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi, I have just found your blog via English Rose in Kuwait (fellow student) - I love the idea of the Alzheimer's quilts. If only I spent less time on the computer and more time stitching I might get one done.