Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Artful quilters

You may have noticed a new button on the right hand side of this blog. I am delighted to have been accepted to joint a ring of other bloggers which is set up,
"for quilt artists whose focus is making contemporary, innovative, non-traditional,
and/or experimental quilts to share their blogs, exchange thoughts about the process
of art quilting, and share other bits of life that swirl around quilt making."
If you explore the ring by using the previous, next or random buttons, you will see some very talented textile artists all of whom are doing what I aspire to be able to do.

My entries are paltry in comparison with some ( hey, who am I kidding - all) of these talented people but if you have found me via the ring I hope you will find some interest in following me as I develop this new interest ( OK, obsession). You should feel free to post comments, advice and critcism of what you see.

On the 10th September I start my City and Guilds Course in Patchwork and Quilting at the School of Stitched Textiles ( I'm excited!) and I will be posting about that as I go through the course in due course.

For writing friends - I will make every effort not to forget to blog about words too!

No comments: